Moor To Keep Lord In Sight In Bletchingly

Daniel Moor knows he will see the back of Lord Of The Sky early in the Bletchingly Stakes but the jockey isn't prepared to concede the Caulfield feature to the odds-on favourite.

Moor will continue his partnership with the Mick Price-trained Le Bonsir in the $150,000 Group Three race after riding the consistent sprinter at his last two runs, including his second to Lord Of The Sky in the Sir John Monash Stakes on July 5.

Le Bonsir finished 4-1/2 lengths behind Lord Of The Sky in the Monash over 1100m but Moor says an extra 100m gives his mount a chance of beating the $1.55 favourite on Saturday.

Lord Of The Sky enjoyed a comfortable lead before dashing clear at their previous meeting but Moor hopes the Robbie Laing-trained colt has a tougher task to find the front in his latest outing.

"It's Lord Of The Sky's first try at the six furlongs (1200m). I don't think they'll be as explosive out of the gates and bustle him forward straight away," Moor said.

"He's drawn five and I've drawn ideally in one. We'll just land in the right spot not using any petrol.

"If there is a chink in his armour, then we'll be right on his back and ready to take advantage."

Le Bonsir has not won in 14 starts on tracks rated worse than dead but the Group One-placed galloper has missed a place once in four runs on slow ground.

Moor said Le Bonsir lacks Lord Of The Sky's dynamic speed but the six-year-old's consistency will ensure he was in the finish in every race he contests.

"I know I'm on the honest and genuine horse in the race and what he lacks in Group-class ability he makes it up in heart," Moor said.

Lord Of The Sky will attempt to become the first horse to complete the Monash and Bletchingly Stakes double since Rubitano in 2002.