In-form Snowdens Land Race-to-race Double

An early race-to-race double at Randwick with a pair of juveniles has underscored the rise of the father-and-son training partnership of Peter and Paul Snowden.

Peter Snowden was formerly the head trainer for Darley Australia and his son ran the Melbourne arm until they began their new venture in May.

Sprinter Inkling kicked off Saturday's program with victory over 1150 metres and Blademeister followed with a strong performance in the 1550-metre race.

Josh Parr rode both horses and said odds-on favourite Inkling ($1.65) still had a bit to learn and wandered about when he hit the front.

The colt's class showed through and he had 1-1/4 lengths on Sheer Style on the line but Peter Snowden admitted he thought it would have been easier.

"I don't think he's focusing on what he's got to do," Snowden said.

"I thought he might have won a bit better than what he did."

"I can screw him down in the next couple of weeks for his target race, the Rosebud in a fortnight."

The Listed Rosebud (1200m) at Randwick on August 9 is a traditional lead-up to the Group One Golden Rose on September 13.

But Snowden said the 1400m of the Golden Rose was probably beyond Inkling at this stage of his career and a more likely Group One target could be the Coolmore Stud Stakes (1200m) at Flemington in November.

Blademeister is also headed for a short break after giving the Snowdens their first win for Singapore owner Dr K C Tan.

"We've got two horses for Dr Tan and it's great to get our first winner for him," Snowden said.

"Blademeister is also likely to have a break and return for the back-end of the spring."

Punters could not separate Blademeister and Testashadow who started equal favourites at $3.50 and the result was close with a long neck between the pair.