Wolfgram Links With Dunn For New Season

Apprentice Travis Wolfgram is excited about his new role with top trainer Matt Dunn and he is just as buoyant about riding an outsider for a rival stable at Eagle Farm on Saturday.

Wolfgram, who won the 2013-2014 Gold Coast senior and junior jockeys' premierships, has had his apprentice papers transferred from his mother Tracey Wolfgram to Dunn.

The combination is nothing new as Wolfgram has ridden 44 winners for Dunn on all racetracks in the past 18 months.

However, with Wolfgram to switch to city racing this season, the full-time link with Dunn, who finished second in last year's Brisbane premiership, should be a winning one.

Wolfgram has a strong book of rides on Saturday headed by Dunn's Wingara who is aiming for his fifth win in a row in the Russ Maddock Memorial Handicap (1600m).

Dunn had a profitable 2013-14 season, finishing eighth on the Australian premiership with 103 winners.

"Travis has ridden a lot for me but he will be concentrating on town this year and having first call on his three-kilogram allowance is an advantage," Dunn said.

"I have kept Wingara racing because he has had a few problems and I want to keep him going while he is in form."

Meanwhile, Wolfgram is thrilled to be riding much-travelled galloper Sanagas in the Desleigh Forster Racing Handicap (1400m).

Trainer Gillian Heinrich and her husband Hoss, who now owns Sanagas outright, are in Europe but they will be listen in over the telephone when the Group One winner resumes on Saturday.

Sanagas has come to Brisbane via a long route, having done his early racing in Germany where he won four of his five starts.

He was sold to America where he raced with success, scoring another three wins including the Group One Hollywood Turf Cup (2400m) at Hollywood Park.

Sanagas was then bought to race in Australia where he was prepared by Bart Cummings for the Caulfield Cup-Melbourne Cup double.