Valley Chances For New Lindsay Park Team

A couple of last-start city winners spearhead David Hayes and Tom Dabernig's chances of victory at their first metropolitan meeting as training partners on Saturday.

But the partnership's first winner could come even sooner at Geelong on the opening day of the racing season on Friday.

Dabernig is Hall of Fame trainer Hayes' nephew and has been an assistant to his uncle before the formation of a training partnership for the new season.

Expensive colt Wilderness, who resumes in the opening race at Geelong, is a chance of notching the partnership's first winner while the team's Moonee Valley runners include last-start Sandown winner Green Roller and debut Flemington winner Forgive And Forget.

Dabernig is excited to be saddling up runners in partnership training under the Lindsay Park Racing name.

"I've held a trainers' licence and worked within the family business for quite a while now, but I suppose it's a bit of a sense of achievement to officially do it under the Lindsay Park banner," Dabernig said.

"It's something I've probably dreamed of doing since I was a boy."

Dabernig expects Saturday's Mitchelton Wines Handicap (1000m) will provide a guide on where Forgive And Forget is at in his career.

"He doesn't strike me as an out-and-out sprinter. I think he will sprint well fresh and then we'll probably be looking to get him out in trip," Dabernig said.

Green Roller's seven-length last-start victory at Sandown was her second win in her past three starts.

She steps to 2500m in the Melbourne Signage Concepts Handicap and is arguably the stable's best chance among its five runners at Moonee Valley.

"The way she races, she sits on the pace and she stays so I think she would be in with a chance," Dabernig said.